Nokioteca Forum

N97 21.0.045 "impepata Di Rom V1"

alex_l

N97 21.0.45 "IMPEPATA DI ROM" COOKED MOD V1.

UPDATE:

CHANGELOG FROM V1:

- Freesign cert can now be used to verify signing against java midlets (basically now you can install midlets signed with freesign cert)

- Added Camera Quality mod

- Added data caching for all drives

- Added "Zoom Extreme by Dscobsct" theme effects with turbo manifest

***DISCLAIMER: ALTHOUGH I TESTED IT AND I HAD NO PROBLEM USING IT, THIS ROM COULD POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY AND GIVE YOU NO WARRANTY.*****

superscreenshot0001.jpgsuperscreenshot0001u.jpg

***DISCLAIMER: ALTHOUGH I TESTED IT AND I HAD NO PROBLEM USING IT, THIS ROM COULD POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY AND GIVE YOU NO WARRANTY.*****

Now, let's address the obvious: this is a specially cooked rom

it DOES contain 5 languages from N97 firmware for product code 0576358, specifically: English,Francais,Deutsch,Italiano,Espanol

it DOESN'T contain rompatcher+(sis/lite/signed/nothing) .

it DOESN'T contain ANY HACK whatsoever.

it DOESN'T embed any particular/different/updated/rebranded/customized software.

it WILL BE UPDATED to suit your particular/different/updated/rebranded/customized software needs

SO WHAT DOES MAKE THIS MOD SO SPECIAL ?

To satisfy my own rom need, I wanted a clean rom, not messed up with kernel hacks and binary patching; my (perhaps yours) CRITICAL FIRST need is to have the ability to install my OWN apps

without having to ask nokia permission; after all I shelled out 529 € so I want & deserve the right to fully own my phone.

What I did was AUGMENT the software installation certificate store (from here swicertstore), adding MY OWN (from here OUR) Root Installation CA Certificate, created just for the occasion.

Here it is guys, a 20 capabilities ( ALL CAPABILITIES ) Root Certificate DIRECTLY INTO THE PHONE SWICERTSTORE (stored in ROM obviously).

With this certificate present in ROM, and with the .cer/.key files included in this archive you'll be able sign EVERY SOFTWARE for your mobile, I can't stress enogh the concept in "EVERY".

What to do; use SisContents, or your favourite .sis file signer, use FreeSign.cer as certificate, FreeSign.key as certificate key with no password and sign what you want, then install to phone.

BUT DO I HAVE SO SIGN EVERY FU**ING SOFTWARE I NEED TO INSTALL ?

NO, YOU DON'T! JUST SIGN ROMPATCHER+ 2.3 (AN ALREADY FULLCAP-SIGNED COPY IS INCLUDED IN THIS ARCHIVE) AND INSTALL TO PHONE, NEXT UNPACK rp_patches.zip (included in this archive) AND PUT THE .rmp FILES IN e:\patches, then open rompatcher+, select installserver patch (open4all if you need it) and add it/them to auto.

So for the people (like me) that want to have choice, you can HACK your phone, or just sign and install what you want, THE CHOICE IS UP TO YOU.

OBVIOUSLY THE NEW CERTIFICATE STORE IS STORED IN ROM, SO DON'T MATTER HOW HARD YOU DEEP FORMAT YOUR PHONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO INSTALL APPS SIGNED WITH FREESIGN CERTIFICATE, THE ONLY WAY TO REMOVE IT IS BY RESTORING NOKIA ORIGINAL FIRMWARE.

Included in this release you'll find:

- a ROFS2 image to flash your phone with (download your N97 firmware with NAVIFIRM, then replace RM-505_21.0.045_prd.rofs2.V04 with the one in this archive)

- an ALREADY SIGNED rompatcher+ 2.3 sisx file to install RP+

- rp_patches.zip including installserver & open4all patches (put in e:\patches, then launch RP+)

- FreeSign.cer/FreeSign.key files to IMMEDIATELY start signing your apps to FULL-20-CAPS

- a swicertstore.dat file which includes the FreeSign FULL-CAPS certificate to replace the one in your preferred ROFS2 image if you want to cook a rom for your a language different from the ones included here (copy in \resource\swicertstore.dat overwriting the default one)

RECOMMENDATIONS:

Flash it with JAF, there is a ton of tutorials, personally I follow the ones on forum.dailymobile.se "Symbian modding" section

Flash it with JAF, no really flash it with JAF because Phoenix only gives my a non booting phone after flashing a cooked firmware, no problems with stock firmware flashing.

Give some feedback if you like it and some suggestion for future versions

TO DO:

add a custom theme effect (this is a must)

integrate some updated apps like latest ovistore/ovimaps

feel free to suggest..

Enjoy your N97. Be Free.

DOWNLOAD IMPEPATA V1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mdm4mjxjtjy/...a_di_rom_v1.rar

DOWNLOAD IMPEPATA V2: http://www.mediafire.com/?ymuzmmdngtt

Alex

Modificato da alex_l
Condividi su altri siti

- FreeSign.cer/FreeSign.key files to IMMEDIATELY start signing your apps to FULL-20-CAPS

- a swicertstore.dat file which includes the FreeSign FULL-CAPS certificate to replace the one in your preferred ROFS2 image if you want to cook a rom for your a language different from the ones included here (copy in \resource\swicertstore.dat overwriting the default one)

Condividi su altri siti

il certificato è nella root dell'archivio da scaricare; se intendi dove si trova il certificato all'interno della rofs2, il file che ti interessa è \resource\swicertstore.dat (comunque puoi trovare anche quel file nella root dell'archivio rar da scaricare) ; ad ogni modo swicertstore.dat non è il file del certificato, ma è un database binario che CONTIENE ANCHE il mio certificato, la piattaforma symbian tiene i vari certificati (insieme agli abbinamenti con caps e app id) in database binari come il sopracitato.

Se ti vuoi preparare una rom per conto tuo, inserendo anche il mio certificato aperto, basta che prendi swicertstore.dat e lo piazzi in \resource\swicertstore.dat sovrascrivendo ovviamente quello originale.

Condividi su altri siti

• 1 mese dopo...
  • 9 mesi dopo...
  • 1 anno dopo...