E’ finalmente disponibile al download il nuovo firmware 20.115 per il Nokia N86 di cui vi avevamo parlato qualche giorno fa in questo articolo. Come sempre l’aggiornamento è disponibile sia via FOTA che tramite NSU.
Chi ha aggiornato riferisce di un netto miglioramento delle prestazioni e conferma la presenza della funzione ‘face detection’ della fotocamera. Inoltre sono stati corretti molti bachi di sistema.
L’utente FoXMuLdeR del Nokioteca Forum è riuscito a recuperare il changelog relativo alle modifiche apportate con il nuovo firmware, eccolo di seguito:
Changes and improvments:
The following issues are solved with this software release:
• New IVE release for better imaging experience especially in video mode
• Corrections to movie decoder
• Corrections to image encoder
• Autofocus and macro mode
• Automatic Motion Blur
• New aperture control
• EXIF data maker note
• Corrections on Camera
• GPS icon on Panorama mode
• Back lighting in Burst mode
• Many error corrections
• Various Browser updates
• Music store functionality
• RealPlayer FastForward/rewind functionality
• Improvement to automatic VoIP re-registration logic after WLAN connection failure
• Maps baseline update
• Here and Now baseline update
• New camera baseline
• N-Gage update from 1.2 to 1.21
• Nokia Messaging 1.1. ( Freestyle 2.0 Baseline 2)
CAMERA application reneval
• Face detection. The picture is focused to faces, which yelds sharper pictures e.g. when pictures taken of people, especially in backlit conditions.
• Focus indicator changed. Focus bracket now appears on the area, where the focus was actually taken.
• Red Eye Removal. Note, this is actual active removal instead of traditional reduction by using double flash with flashlight.
Red eye removal is used only when flash light is used.
• Panorama uses NRC based algoritm instead of earlier commonly used PanoMan. – better joining of images
• Overall imaging quality has been improved to level that N86 8MP is the best mobile camera out there!
OHTER new features and applications
• OVI Contacts 1.1
• Cherry (requires Phone Activation 4.0 (in PR1.x was Phone Activation 2.1). Cherry is very new application and during testing period lot of corrections
were made. Due this fact it is quite possible that more questions and issues will rise when the SW is in production.
• Browser had serious regression during PR2.0 timeframe – still unclear if PR2.0 is any better or worse the in PR1.x SW
• Nokia Messaging (FS email) still has occasional problems in email creation (server related)
• Maps problems are still there (current consumption, crash and navigation problems)
• Camera current consumption problem might still be in PR2.0 (occasionally camera can have high current consumption after closing camera reveal)
• TOP open operator/region errors
• EAMO-7UEG3P Telefonica Movistar – GSM/WCDMA – OTC – Uninstability during the execution of a Java MIDlet
• EAMO-7VGCQT TAM China – GSM – OTC – Https access failure
• DL09070858239 CTA-CHINA ICPR7.1, 7.2, 8.1, 8.2: CSM290: Phone get stuck in Weak field
• ESLM-7SVF73 GENIUS ID 116559: Message to write characters problem
• TLAE-7TH7QS Genius Case #118778: Nokia E75: Nokia E75 radio link restoration failure