CAMBIAMENTI / MIGLIORAMENTI prodotti dall'aggiornamento alla versione software v. 3.04.11 Changes when upgrading from firmware 2.04.15 to 3.04.11
Nokia Mobile Phones Service Bulletin No.SB-010/26.05.05
- Keylock is now off when BHF-3 is connected.
- Flash light handling with some 3rd party applications improved (AgileMessenger, Photographer, ETI camcorder Pro1.0)
- Audio Accessories handling improved when muting sound, audible "snap" sounds reduced
- Nokia HSU-3 is no longer supported
- Connection setup improved, it is no longer necessary to switch bluetooth off and on for connection to succeed when earlier connection setup had been cancelled
- Large file transfer improved with Widcomm BT stack version 184.108.40.206
- Rendering performance of multipart documents improved in some cases, loading procedure of the document body contents changed
- Background image setting according to XHTML/CSS length pixel parameters corrected
- Displaying of PNG images with XHTML pages improved
- Operator customized icon on upper left corner no longer covered by standard revolving globe animation e.g. when opening embedded links from browser
- Fetching and displaying of HTML formatted email improved when using partial fetch
- Improved behaviour in case network does not reply to install notify after successful installation. Time-out of 120 seconds implemented to end the installation even if no reply from server, not leaving application installer wait forever looking as jammed.
- UI display improved with applications having 256k colour support
- Viewing MMS using "Play presentation" and adjusting volume when scrolling is also active no longer causes SMIL player to close itself
- New SMS messages can now be read properly without SIM in offline mode
- Response given to network in case of device memory full when receiving SMS and not able to receive it changed to "Memory capacity exceeded" as specified in 3GPP 23.040.
- When pressing navigation key left (write new SMS) immediately after phone boot-up, phone no longer resets
- Playing audio-only content changed to be no longer possible in full screen
- Handling of "*.sdp" -files corrected
- Last rendered frame now displayed instead of occasionally shown black screen when returning back to Real Player after task switching
- Changed behaviour during a voice call, streaming will go into paused state when started
- Sunrise Switzerland: USSD strings with 3 digits are now supported
- Numbers starting with character "*" can now be used in setting voicemailbox number in phone settings
- Emergency call handling with SIM having blocked PUK corrected
- Nokia ringing tone now played, if active ringing tone is set in MMC and it is removed, or phone memory is too low to play complex audio file.
- Ringing tone playback & vibra activation application priority raised to ensure user notification about incoming call in case a high priority application (e.g. game) is in use.
- When dialing "+"-character and quickly followed numbers, first number is no longer missed from number list
- UI error note "SIM card error" now displayed correctly in case SIM phonebook initialization fails due to SIM not responding
- T-Mobile UK: CPHS Voicemail waiting flag status now updated correctly to SIM
- Network registration behaviour corrected after PDP context activation. Earlier there might have been a problem when there is one or more PLMNs in equivalent list in phone memory, and a list of forbidden PLMNs exists in SIM.
- Workaround implemented to enable use of some SIM cards not responding correctly if attempting to access a non-existing file on the SIM card.
- Phone now returns to VT UI after "call waiting" -notification disappears
- Interoperability with some gateways and terminals using high frame rate improved, image quality now better
- Video playback quality improved. Some image frames might have not been shown in correct sequence.
- Lip synchronisation improved in VT call
- Reception of VT call in low memory situation improved, time now allowed for system to close applications from background if necessary for VT call to proceed
- Interoperability with RadVision video gateway improved, audio can now be heard in UL direction
- Initiating a video call when having an active PS connection is now possible, PS connection will be closed followed by normal VT call setup
- Ciphering/RLC problem corrected, RLC was not able to report the Security mode complete to the network under some conditions.
- IMEISV sent to network changed to 10
- Automatic access point settings updates:
* DNA Finland, Vinophone Vietnam: MMS settings updated
* Eurotel Slovakia information changed to reflect re-branding to T-Mobile SK
* Settings updated for Scandinavian operators
* Orange France variant: "Select network"-notification is no longer hidden by Homescreen application
- Playback of files indicated as video/mp4 but having only audio improved
- Backup and restore from MMC improved, restoring calendar backup might have required user to try again
- Voice command handling improved with some accessories, tone before recognition is now longer and some audio noises removed
- Temporary files on MMC (E:\system\temp) will be deleted on phone boot-up. If phone battery was removed during file download to MMC, this could have lead to unnecessary temporary files consuming MMC memory.
- Behaviour with some corrupted wav-files improved. Playback of such file could have lead phone being jammed and requiring phone switch off.
CAMBIAMENTI / MIGLIORAMENTI prodotti dall'aggiornamento alla versione software v. 3.04.37 Changes when upgrading from firmware 3.04.11 to 3.04.37
Nokia Mobile Phones Service Bulletin No.SB-016/20.07.05
- New RAM memory management scheme to improve phone behaviour in low memory situations when using multiple applications at the same time. For pre-defined applications a defined amount of RAM will be freed on start-up (Browser, Video telephony, Java, Real One Player) to ensure application start-up.
- Browser cache (present in phone RAM memory) will be emptied when exiting browser
- Interoperability with Sony-Ericsson BT headsets improved. Sniff-mode timer value used in phone changed from same value as used in SE headsets to prevent headsets from disconnecting
- Browser now correctly identifies Simplified Chinese as accepted language in accept headers if this is selected as phone language instead of traditional Chinese
- Behavior of internal rendering changed to improve performance with pages containing animated images. Identical animated image frames are no longer stored separately to reduce number of entries in cache
- Previously visited links no longer become white and unvisible, if scrolling down a page with background image
- Nokia Lifeblog registering improved
- Problem of not being able to continue using camera application when in standby mode corrected
- Alarm tone ascending volume tuned
- DRM combined delivery xml parser functionality improved
- Missing DRM rights now correctly shown
- Content is now correctly interpreted with combined delivery file that includes a linefeed (CR+LF) inside the constraint part of the rights object improved
- Notification now shown correctly when WAP Push rights object received for OMA DRM separate delivery content
- Occasional problem of not showing imap4 email folders corrected
- Improvement in handling of very long play-list names.
- Problem in interim PR1.1 release(s) corrected. Java audio tone playback control changed, tone speed was incorrectly set and speed of playback was too fast in some cases
- Java VM now returns correct language ID string for Thai instead of NULL string. SMS
- Receiving SMS containing more than 45 Unicode characters no longer causes shorter standby time in idle state if messaging centre is left open in background
- Recording audio during voice calls improved.
- Stereo is set as the default for audio channels. This enables playing files where the number of audio channels is not specified.
- Robustness of Real One Player improved to handle files where audio part is shorter than video part
- Improvements when continuing the streaming after interrupted by voice call in network mode 1 conditions
- Improved functionality with scene changes
- FDN handling improved in some error situations
- UPIN is now requested to enter when UPIN is activated instead of PIN
(U) SIM ATK
- Play Tone command playback volume increased
- Uninstallation of Video Sharing application is now possible
- Interim problem in PR1.1 release corrected, interoperability problem with Alcatel Video Mailbox corrected
- Improvement in video transmission stability
- Occasional picture overlapping problem when calling to video mailbox corrected.
- MO Video Telephony call setup improved in Siemens RAN, when simultaneous data transfer ongoing. "Network busy" no longer displayed
- IMEISV sent to network changed to 16
- Automatic access point settings updated for some operators
- Operator names stored in device permanent memory updated to reflect latest status
- USSD channel closing behavior changed. Now it is possible to receive a new USSD message after timer expiry for USSD connection
- Functionality with some pre-pay SIM cards improved, USSD acknowledgement handling modified
- User is now better informed if MMC formatting fails
- Corrected the problem that very short audio clips were not played at all.
- RS-MMC card access timings modified to improve handling of spesific defective RS-MMC card
- Improvement to play some defected MIDI files
CAMBIAMENTI / MIGLIORAMENTI prodotti dall'aggiornamento alla versione software v4.04.07
New features made to MCU SW v4.04.07:
- When a *#0000# is entered from the keypad, phone displays the software
version and product ID in a new way.
- 7-bit/Unicode character counter support for SMS.
- Upper case letters enabled in Phonebook edit label.
- FDN - GPRS connections now allowed with *99# when added to FDN listt
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW v3.04.37 to v4.04.07:"
- Also DRM unprotected files can be set to ringing tones (if that is
defined in the variant).
- Improvements to BT connection handling (e.g. for carkit connection
and deactivating BT device).
- Improved performance for loading big pages.
- Handling selection boxes in WAP browser improved.
- Optimised functionality if the request contains an empty If-Modified-
- Improvements to show some links & texts correctly in certain web
- Browser multiple PDP contexts handling improved.
- Displaying Chinese text with punctuation marks improved.
- Several other browser improvements.
- Colour balance of flash improved, less yellow in pictures.
- MediaGallery MMC FAT usage improved.
- Media gallery handling of metadata in case of all kind of files
changed. ID3v2 tags are shown when user checks music file details
via media gallery.
- Handling of spesific large and progressive JPEG images improved.
- Corrupted file icon now displayed if there is not enough memory to
- Interoperability improved to handle spesific MMS’s received from
other manufacturers’ phones.
- Improved Chinese input usage when editing settings.
- Functionality improved with push email client(s), which are using also
calendar updates. Now changes to PC calendar are observed and
transferred to phone calendar.
- MMS Slideshow is correctly played when .3gp file with audio only is
- Improved performance for displaying the image, when focus is in a
contact, which has a thumbnail image
- When streaming is paused, correct method to server is sent and
streaming resumes from right place.
- Handling of RAM-files with multiple streaming links improved.
- Playback of 3gp amr wb audio with improved
- Automatic redial improved.
- Improvements regarding different telecommunication switchboards.
- Error note now displayed if call setup is unsuccessful in spesific
- Improvements to Video Sharing application.
- Reserved amount of RAM increased for video call to improve VT Call
releasing & ending.
- Always on PDP context is not tried to be activated if Dial-up connection is
- FTP upload stability with USB cable improved.
- MMC durability improvement, Video recorder writes data to MMC in
bigger blocks, causing less unnecessary FAT accesses.
- Improved functionality with Chinese characters in MMC names.
- Functionality improved, when changing from SIM card to another.
- Improved functionality with certain SIM cards and SIM phonebook.
- IMEISV sent to network changed to 18.
- Automatic access point settings updated for some operators."
CAMBIAMENTI / MIGLIORAMENTI prodotti dall'aggiornamento alla versione software 5.04.07 del 15-02-2006 (grazie a NotteSenzaStelle)"
New features made to MCU SW v5.04.07:
- AD-15 audio adapter support added.
- Browser cache cleared every time when exit from browser.
- Change of manual NW selection when ePLMN is used.
- Better preset eq value introduced for unknown headsets.
- MP3 filename length support increased to 256 characters.
- Default year in startup changed from 2005 to 2006.
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW v4.04.07 to v5.04.07:
- SIM / USAT
- FPLMN list updated on USIM.
- Axalto USIM card detection improved.
- FDN activation and deactivation with Axalto USIM card improved.
- SMS sending from Gemplus SIMATK improved.
- Problem to access menu with certain SIM cards corrected.
- Phone reset with certain SIM and SMS combination corrected.
- SIMATK accessibility improved with some Oberthur SIM cards.
- SMS sending from Gemplus SIMATK improved.
- Audio and Video
- Camera tone cannot be heard in silent mode.
- Video frame rate improved in Night mode.
- Unknown Hi-fi headset default volume decreased.
- 3gp file recognition from header (extension independent recognition)
- Video player stability improved when playing invalid MP4 file.
- Sound quality of music track is no longer affected by camera
- Improved handling of large web pages when rendering them using
“By quality” option.
- Handling of unescaped # character in web page improved.
- General Browser stability improved.
- MMS editor handling better DRM protected audio files.
- Improvement to handling video contained MMS.
- Corrected icon when message store in MMC.
- Mailbox capability to handle lot of POP mails improved.
- New mail indications improved. No more false indications.
- Improved functionality with MMS messages received via email,
containing only image, from reference phone.
- Fixed phone freeze problem with some T9 combinations.
- General T9 behavior improved.
- Receiving problem with DRM protected MMS fixed.
- Changed the handling of <DIV> tags in order to remove unwanted
- Improvements to Hebrew character handling in email.
- Improved SMS creation from web link having Scandinavian
- Delivery report timestamp functionality improved in case selected
country doesn’t have full hours GMT offset.
- Video Call
- SMS and Video call alert tones both played, if received at the same
- Video Call initialization phase robustness improved.
- Phone reset problem with Motorola BT headsets fixed.
- BT car kit connectivity improved.
- Bluetooth pairing interoperability improved.
- Improvements to backup restore function with DRM protected files.
- Showing ID3v2 tags when user checks music file details via media
gallery improved. Content of "composer" field is shown if available and if
"artist" field is empty.
- Playing 3gp file with only voice on the first page has been improved.
- MediaGallery accesses to MMC improved.
- Handling of corrupted jpeg files improved.
- RTSP Teardown now sent after streaming is stopped.
- Phone reset problem during video sharing initialization corrected.
- Improved functionality of making a shortcut out of converter.
- Improved handling of Offline –profile.
- Improvement to memory handling in gallery related to DRM protected
- Improved memory handling in DRM Rights Server and DRM Rights
- Operator certificate bindings updated.
- Logs GPRS counter clearing improved in certain situations.
- Operator name list updated.
- Snooze option disappearing problem corrected.
- Removed possibility to change profiles when SIM not inserted.
- MAP service UnstructeredSSNotify functionality improved.
- Network connection failure not shown anymore after using PUK code.
- USSD message not cleared automatically anymore after automatic
acknowledge sent to network.
- Current consumption behavior improved in idle mode.
- PDP context creation handling improved in case maximum PDP context
- Calendar tone can be set to off.
- Improved vibra functionality when playing ringing tones in settings
- Radio Bearer / Functionality
- Added support for Network error code "00011010 Insufficient
Resources" in networks that doesn’t support multiple PDP context.
- GMS network selection improved in case GERAN is preferred.
- Voice and video call success rate improved. "
CAMBIAMENTI / MIGLIORAMENTI prodotti dall'aggiornamento alla versione software v. 5.04.40 del 20-11-2006 Changes when upgrading from firmware 5.04.07 to 5.04.40
- Memory handling improved when entering or exiting deep sleep
- New IMEISV number
Messaggio modificato da Iulo, 05 dicembre 2008 - 11:17